AzSTC Releases Ryszard Kapuściński’s First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijan
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book ‘Shah of Shahs’ by Ryszard Kapuściński, renowned Polish writer and journalist.
The book tells us about the complex socio-political processes taking place in Iran in the last century, the Iranian Revolution and the fall of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the last Shah of Iran.
Apart from that, the book includes the author's thoughts on art, scientific and theoretical articles, lectures, speeches and interviews.
The translator of the book is Vilayat Guliyev, and the editor is Mahir N. Garayev.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
– was born on 4 March 1932, in
– graduated from Warsaw
– at young ages started working for
the Sztandar Młodych (‘The Banner of Youth’), a nationwide newspaper;
– since 1962 has worked as a reporter for the Polish Press Agency abroad;
– as a journalist visited Africa, the Middle East and Latin America;
– since 1970 has collaborated
with the magazine ‘Culture’ in Paris;
– is the author of world famous
book ‘The Emperor: Downfall of an Autocrat’;
– the books including essays about the last years of the USSR, such as ‘Imperium’ (1993), ‘The Black Tree’ (1999) ‘Travels with Herodotus’ (2004) received the ‘Award of the Year’ in various years in Poland;
– is the winner of the prizes, such as ‘International Journalists Prize’ (1978), the biennial ‘Hanseatic Goethe Prize’ (1999), the ‘Viareggio Prize’ (2000), the Italian ‘Elsa Morante Prize’ (2005), and other international prizes;
– was awarded the Orders of the ‘Golden Cross’ (1954) and ‘Rebirth of Poland’ (1974);
– frequently mentioned as a favourite to win the Nobel Prize in literature;
– died in 2007 in Warsaw.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
Fidel Coloma: “Establishing Literary Exchanges in Online Format Is One of the Most Important Challenges We Face”
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) received a visit from Fidel Coloma, Chargé d'affaires of the Republic of Chile to Azerbaijan.
Turkish Literature Portal Shares Nizami Ganjavi Poetry
dibace.net, a crowd-pleasing Turkish literary portal, has posted broad information about the announcement of 2021 as a “Year of Nizami Ganjavi” in Azerbaijan and the poet’s ghazal “Sensiz” (Without You) in the Turkish language.