Notable Georgian Poet Given the Award of the State Translation Centre
This year, Makvala Gonashvili, the well-known Georgian poet, translator, Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia, has been given the Award established by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre on the occasion of the International Translator’s Day for her merits in the development of Azerbaijan-Georgian literary relations.
· is a poet and translator;
· was born in Georgia in 1958;
· graduated from the Department of Journalism at Georgia State University in 1981;
· is the author of such books as “From Here to You”, “To Tell the Truth”, “The Dawn of the Sun Seeps Through the Dome”, “My Temple, My Place of Oath”, “Tears of the Sun” and “Bonfire of Poppies”;
· her works have been translated and published in many languages of the world;
· is the laureate of the Ilya Chavchavadze, Anna Kalandadze, Galaktion Tabidze and Shota Rustaveli Prizes, and Chairman of the Writers' Union of Georgia.
Ambassador Christopher Berroteran: “We would very much like the Azerbaijani reader to get acquainted with the Venezuelan literature”
The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela to Azerbaijan, Mr. Christopher Alberto Martinez Berroteran, visited the State Translation Centre the other day.
Azerbaijan State Translation Centre Announces Translation Qualifying Exams
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the next stage of translation qualifying exams with a view to improving the quality of language and translation, and identifying interpreters that meet certain standards of the translation profession across the country.
Khazar Magazine’s Next Issue Out Now
The highlights of the issue include: