Mikayil Mushfig's Verses on the Literary Portals of Spain and Germany
“Alquibla” and “Spruechetante”, the popular Spanish and German literary portals, have posted in Spanish and German the verses “Love for Life” and “A New Young Man” by Mikayil Mushfig, the outstanding Poet of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World”.
The portals also provide detailed information on the author. The translator of the verses into Spanish is Aysel Aliyeva, the Spanish language specialist at the AzSTC, the editor is Eva Contreras, the Spanish philologist. The translator of the verses into German is Maryam Samadova, the German language specialist at the AzSTC, and the editor is Kerstin Kraps, the German literary scholar.
It is worth noting that the literary portals, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publish works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Juan Gil-Albert, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, Jean-Paul Sartre, Émile Zola, Haruki Murakami, Friedrich Schiller, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Theodor Fontane, Charles Dickens, Thomas Braun, to name a few.
· Famous Azerbaijani poet and translator;
· The poet began his literary career in 1926 with the poem "Today" published in the newspaper "Ganj Ishchi" (Young Employee);
· In 1930, the first book of poems called "Winds" was published;
· He is the author of such books as "Voices of the Day", "Battles", "Among the Drilling";
· He is the translator of Alexander Pushkin's "Gypsies", Taras Shevchenko's "Kobzar", Samuil Marshak's "What an absent-minded lad!" and other works;
· He was a victim of Stalin's repression and was shot in 1938;
· On May 23, 1956, he was posthumously rehabilitated by the decision of the Military Collegium of the Supreme Court of the USSR;
· According to Resolution No. 211 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated May 7, 2019, Mikayil Mushfig was included in the list of authors whose works are declared state heritage of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
Akaki Sereteli’s book for the first time in Azerbaijan
The ADTM Translation Agency is pleased to announce the publication of the book “My Songs”, which includes selected poetic samples by Akaki Sereteli, the notable Georgian poet, within the grant project of the Writer’s House of Georgia.
Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”