Franz Kafka’s Selected Works Released in Azerbaijani
A two-volume book Selected Works by the famous Austrian novelist and short-story writer Franz Kafka, whose heritage marked a new stage in the entire world literature of the 20th century has been published as part of a 150-volume series entitled “Pearls of World Literature.”
The two-volume book that contains chapters Short Stories, Parables, Memoirs and Novels include short stories - Homecoming, Description of a Struggle, The Stoker, The Transformation, In the Penal Colony, A Little Woman, Unhappiness, A Country Doctor, The Verdict, Josephine the Singer; parables - The Bridge, The Vulture, A Dream, The Test, The Neighbour, At Night, Poseidon, to name just a few and the novels - The Trial , The Castle; as well as diaries and interviews.
The book is translated from the original German by notable translators Vilayat Hajiyev, Charkaz Gurbanly, and Yusif Savalan.
The compiler is Mahir N.Qarayev.
· German-speaking novelist and short-story writer;
· Was born into a middle-class German-Jewish family on 3 July 1883;
· Admitted to the Deutsche Karl-Ferdinands-Universität of Prague in 1901 and awarded the degree of Doctor of Law on 18 July 1906;
· Most of his works were published after his death;
· Wrote the novels The Trial, The Castle and America, popular short stories and parables, such as The Transformation, The Verdict, In the Penal Colony, Unhappiness, The Vulture and The Bridge;
· His works had a great influence on the 20th-century world literature, philosophy and literary criticism;
· Died after a long and painful illness on 3 June 1924;
· Was buried in the New Jewish Cemetery in Prague-Žižkov.
You can find copies of the edition at one of the many bookstore locations listed below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
“Azerbaijan Remembers January 20 - the Day of Nationwide Sorrow and Pride” in Foreign Media
Crowd-pleasing global news portals, such as “Mustaqila.com”, “Afkarhura.com” (Iraq), “Alharir.info” (Algeria), “Anahaberyorum.com”, “Dibace.net”, “Gercektarih.com.tr” (Turkey), “News24hours.ro” (Romania)
Azerbaijan Remembers January 20 - the Day of Nationwide Sorrow and Pride
32 years have passed since the tragedy of January 20, also called Black January, remaining forever engraved in the memory of all Azerbaijanis as a disaster that became a symbol of national unity.
Deadline for Submission of Literary Works to the “BAY LEAF” Contest Prolonged
The deadline for submission of translated works has been prolonged until July 31, 2022, considering the numerous applications of those willing to participate in the “BAY LEAF” (“Dəf(i)nə yarpağı”) Literary Contest.