Khazar Magazine’s Next Issue Out Now
Highlights of the issue include:
– the novel “Poor Folk” by Fyodor Dostoevsky under the heading of “Literary Giants”;
– the poems by Musa Yaqub under the heading of “Azerbaijan Literature”;
– the short story “The Tree of Our Life” by Nicolae Esinencu under the heading of “Short Stories”;
– the short stories “Nuts” and “After the Full Moon” by Peter Jaroš under the heading of “Slovak Literature”;
– the poems by Wisława Szymborska under the heading of “Polish Poetry”;
– the short story “Possessions” by Timur Pulatov under the heading of “Turkic World”;
– “A Writer’s Diary” by Virginia Woolf under the heading of “Diary”;
– letters by V. Mayakovsky under the heading of “Memoir”;
– the novel “Brooklyn” by Colm Tóibin under the heading of “Dublin Literary Award”;
– the short stories “Morning of the Sniper”, “Open Season” and “Black Horse with a White Eye” by Vladimir Sorokin under the heading of “Contemporary Russian Literature”;
– the play “The Dumb Waiter” by Harold Pinter under the heading of “Theatre” and others.
For Khazar readers: copies of the edition are available on the stands below:
Kiosk Press – Elmler Akademiyası metro station, 19 Huseyn Javid Avenue;
Kiosk Press – Nariman Narimanov metro station, 122 Agha Neymatulla Street;
Kiosk Press – Icheri Sheher metro station, Istiglaliyyat Street;
Kiosk Press – Koroghlu metro station;
Kiosk Press – Nizami metro station, Alibey Huseynzade Street;
Kiosk Press – Hazi Aslanov metro station, 41 Khudu Mammadov Street, and on other newsstands at metro stations.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
Akaki Sereteli’s book for the first time in Azerbaijan
The ADTM Translation Agency is pleased to announce the publication of the book “My Songs”, which includes selected poetic samples by Akaki Sereteli, the notable Georgian poet, within the grant project of the Writer’s House of Georgia.
Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”