Vagif Bayatly Oder’s Verses on German Literature Portal
“Spruechetante”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the verses “More Than Anyone Else”, “Children and Letters” and “I Make Flowers from People” by Vagif Bayatly Oder, a notable Azerbaijani poet, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portal also provides detailed information on the author.
The translator of the verses into German is Maryam Samadova, the German language specialist at the AzSTC, and the literary editor is Kerstin Kraps, a German literary scholar .
It is worth noting that the literature portal, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publishes works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Eduard Friedrich Mörike, Friedrich Schiller, Wolfgang von Goethe, Theodore Fontane, Charles Dickens, Thomas Browne, to name a few.
Vagif Bayatly Oder
- is a poet and translator;
- graduated from Azerbaijan Construction-Engineering Institute;
- worked as the Head of Department at “Ulduz” magazine, as well as Editor-in-Chief at “Khazar” magazine;
- is the author of the books “Under the Lonely Star”, “All the Love Stories To Be Forgotten”, “To Cherish Till Death Is Too Little”, “The Funniest Dead Man”, “With All-embracing Love”, “Bay Atly Verses”;
- is the winner of the Mayakovski Prize for Poetry and Jalil Mammadguluzadeh Prize;
- has been awarded the honorary title of Honoured Art Worker.
|Vagif Bayatly Oder|
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
Akaki Sereteli’s book for the first time in Azerbaijan
The ADTM Translation Agency is pleased to announce the publication of the book “My Songs”, which includes selected poetic samples by Akaki Sereteli, the notable Georgian poet, within the grant project of the Writer’s House of Georgia.
Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”