AzSTC Releases Сarlos Fuentes’ First-Ever Printed Collection Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book Selected Works by Carlos Fuentes, a famous Mexican writer, one of the leading figures of magical realism, the winner of the Miguel de Cervantes Prize.
The book includes the author's novels ‘The Death of Artemio Cruz’, ‘Aura’ and the short story ‘Chac Mool.’
The translator is Saday Budagly, the editors are Etimad Bashkechid and Salam Sarvan.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
● Mexico's most celebrated novelist and diplomat;
● was born to a diplomat family in Panama City;
●spent his childhood in various Latin American capital cities, including Montevideo, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Buenos Aires and Washington;
● studied law at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City, then the Graduate Institute of International Studies in Geneva;
● in different years worked as a diplomat in Paris and London;
● first collection of short stories ‘Los días enmascarados’
● is the author of novels, such as ‘Where the Air Is Clear’ (1958), ‘Aura’ (1962), ‘The Death of Artemio Cruz’ (1962), ‘A Change of Skin’ (1967), ‘Distant Relations’ (1980), ‘Burnt Water’ (1983, an eclectic collection of short stories), ‘The Old Gringo’ (1985), ‘Christopher Unborn’ (1987), ‘Adán en Edén’ (2009);
● his works have been translated into 24 languages;
● his many literary honours include the National Prize for Arts and Sciences (1984), the Miguel de Cervantes Prize (1987), the Ruben Dario prize (1994), UNESCO's Pablo Picasso Medal (1995) and many others;
● died in 2012 in Mexico.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
Akademiya book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
Pero book house
Oxumalı book house
Lider book house
Fidel Coloma: “Establishing Literary Exchanges in Online Format Is One of the Most Important Challenges We Face”
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) received a visit from Fidel Coloma, Chargé d'affaires of the Republic of Chile to Azerbaijan.
Turkish Literature Portal Shares Nizami Ganjavi Poetry
dibace.net, a crowd-pleasing Turkish literary portal, has posted broad information about the announcement of 2021 as a “Year of Nizami Ganjavi” in Azerbaijan and the poet’s ghazal “Sensiz” (Without You) in the Turkish language.
Eyyub Abasov’s Novel Shared in a Virtual World
Frequently visited literature portals, such as dibace.net (Turkey), alanbatnews.ne, johinanews.com, nbnjo.com (Jordan), alharir.info (Algeria), mustaqila.com and ashurnews.com (Iraq) have posted excerpts from a two-volume historical novel ‘Zangezur’ by Eyyub Abasov, a notable Azerbaijani writer.