AzSTC Releases Сarlos Fuentes’ First-Ever Printed Collection Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book Selected Works by Carlos Fuentes, a famous Mexican writer, one of the leading figures of magical realism, the winner of the Miguel de Cervantes Prize.
The book includes the author's novels ‘The Death of Artemio Cruz’, ‘Aura’ and the short story ‘Chac Mool.’
The translator is Saday Budagly, the editors are Etimad Bashkechid and Salam Sarvan.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
● Mexico's most celebrated novelist and diplomat;
● was born to a diplomat family in Panama City;
●spent his childhood in various Latin American capital cities, including Montevideo, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Buenos Aires and Washington;
● studied law at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) in Mexico City, then the Graduate Institute of International Studies in Geneva;
● in different years worked as a diplomat in Paris and London;
● first collection of short stories ‘Los días enmascarados’
● is the author of novels, such as ‘Where the Air Is Clear’ (1958), ‘Aura’ (1962), ‘The Death of Artemio Cruz’ (1962), ‘A Change of Skin’ (1967), ‘Distant Relations’ (1980), ‘Burnt Water’ (1983, an eclectic collection of short stories), ‘The Old Gringo’ (1985), ‘Christopher Unborn’ (1987), ‘Adán en Edén’ (2009);
● his works have been translated into 24 languages;
● his many literary honours include the National Prize for Arts and Sciences (1984), the Miguel de Cervantes Prize (1987), the Ruben Dario prize (1994), UNESCO's Pablo Picasso Medal (1995) and many others;
● died in 2012 in Mexico.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
Akademiya book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
Pero book house
Oxumalı book house
Lider book house
Spanish-Language Literature Hub Shares Azerbaijan Poetry
Marruecos.ma, a crowd-pleasing Spanish-language literary portal based in Morocco, has posted in Spanish translation the poems - Farewell by Adil Mirseyid and Face to Face with the Hangman by Hamid Herischi. The page also provides information on the authors.
Russia, Turkey Literary Portals Share Verses by Ramiz Rovshan
Libstation and Litprichal, crowd-pleasing literary portals in Russia, have posted in Russian the poems - I Have no Hope for Anyone and Is There Something Bigger than God? by the People’s Poet of Azerbaijan Ramiz Rovshan. Besides,
Ukraine Media Shares Nizami Ganjavi’s Epic Love