AzSTC Releases Peter Brook's First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book ‘Empty Space’ by Peter Stephen Paul Brook, a renowned English theatre director, filmmaker and theorist. The collection in Azerbaijani includes the author’s theoretical articles and interviews.
The chapters, such as ‘Dead Theatre’, ‘Sacred Theatre’, ‘Rough Theatre’, ‘Theatre’ and ‘Y. Kagarlitsky’ reveal the subtleties of art, such as the miraculous world of filmmaking, its invisible sides, the hidden layers of acting and filmmaking, and the influence of filmmaking on people and society through deep analyses and researches.
The translator of the book is Ilgar Alfioglu, and the editor is Rabiga Nazimgizi.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
Peter Stephen Paul Brook
· theatre director, filmmaker and theorist;
· author of performances, feature and documentary films, such as ‘The Brothers Karamazov’, ‘The Unburied Dead’, ‘The Winter's Tale’, ‘The Grand Inquisitor’, ‘The Beggar’s Opera’, ‘Seven Days, Seven Nights’;
· founder of International Centre for Theatre Research, Paris, 1970;
· winner of the Praemium Imperiale, Officier de l'Ordre de la Légion d'honneur;
· awarded with the ‘Europe Theatre Prize’, ‘Kyoto Prize’ and ‘The Ibsen Award’;
· works are first-ever printed in Azerbaijani.
Ukraine Media Shares Nizami Ganjavi’s Epic Love
AzSTC’s New Edition: “Tales About Nargiz and Nigar”
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the publication of Tales About Nargiz and Nigar by the People's Writer of Azerbaijan, Huseyn Abbaszade.