AzSTC Releases Peter Brook's First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book ‘Empty Space’ by Peter Stephen Paul Brook, a renowned English theatre director, filmmaker and theorist. The collection in Azerbaijani includes the author’s theoretical articles and interviews.
The chapters, such as ‘Dead Theatre’, ‘Sacred Theatre’, ‘Rough Theatre’, ‘Theatre’ and ‘Y. Kagarlitsky’ reveal the subtleties of art, such as the miraculous world of filmmaking, its invisible sides, the hidden layers of acting and filmmaking, and the influence of filmmaking on people and society through deep analyses and researches.
The translator of the book is Ilgar Alfioglu, and the editor is Rabiga Nazimgizi.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
Peter Stephen Paul Brook
· theatre director, filmmaker and theorist;
· author of performances, feature and documentary films, such as ‘The Brothers Karamazov’, ‘The Unburied Dead’, ‘The Winter's Tale’, ‘The Grand Inquisitor’, ‘The Beggar’s Opera’, ‘Seven Days, Seven Nights’;
· founder of International Centre for Theatre Research, Paris, 1970;
· winner of the Praemium Imperiale, Officier de l'Ordre de la Légion d'honneur;
· awarded with the ‘Europe Theatre Prize’, ‘Kyoto Prize’ and ‘The Ibsen Award’;
· works are first-ever printed in Azerbaijani.
Musa Kazim Arijan, Chairman of Writers’ Union of Turkey: ‘Just Literature Will Take Us to the Development of Our Cultural Unity’
In his recent interview with the official website of the Union of Turkish Writers (www.tyb.org.tr) Musa Kazim Arijan shared his views on the Memorandum signed between the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre
Azerbaijani Poetry in Reputable Russian Literary Almanac
Russian’s reputable literary almanac 45Parallel.net has posted verses ‘My Inspiration’, ‘Like Fire, Like Water’ by People’s Poet Mammad Araz, and verses ‘Confession’, ‘As If the Sea Is also a Man’, ‘Light Came on My Way’ by another People’s Poet Aliagha Kurchayli in Russian translation, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in a Virtual World”. The page also provides detailed information on the poets.
Fidel Coloma: “Establishing Literary Exchanges in Online Format Is One of the Most Important Challenges We Face”
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) received a visit from Fidel Coloma, Chargé d'affaires of the Republic of Chile to Azerbaijan.