Deadline for Submission of Literary Works to the “BAY LEAF” Contest Prolonged
The deadline for submission of translated works has been prolonged until July 31, 2022, considering the numerous applications of those willing to participate in the “BAY LEAF” (“Dəf(i)nə yarpağı”) Literary Contest.
* Small excerpts of prose and poetry, translated from the original into Azerbaijani in 2020-2022, are accepted for the contest:
- prose – up to 20.000 signs.
- poetry– up to 100 hemistiches.
* The author shall submit only one book to the contest.
* There is no age limit for candidates.
For prose and poetry:
I place (award) – AZN 2,000 (two thousand)
II place (award) – AZN 1,000 (one thousand)
III place (award) – AZN 500 (five hundred)
Incentive Award – AZN 300 (three hundred)
* The translated work with attached original text must be sent by e-mail (email@example.com), or must be submitted in 5 hard copies;
* Participants not meeting the Contest Rules will be rejected.
* Copy of ID card;
* Contact details.
Address: 74 A. Topchubashov Street, Baku city
Phone: (012) 595 10 69
Cell: (055) 988 89 30 (whatsup)
The Book “Heydar Aliyev” from the Series “The Life Of Remarkable People” in Spanish Libraries
The book “Vida de personas notables – Heydar Aliyev” (“The Life Of Remarkable People – Heydar Aliyev”) published by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre in Spain has been distributed among the following central libraries and universities of Madrid.
Rabiga Nazimgyzy’s verses on the pages of the Spanish literary portal
“Trabalibros”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the verses “Don’t worry about me” and “Send me one photo” by Rabiga Nazimgyzy, a modern, talented poetess, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan’s Latest Literature”.
Website of ADTM Translation Agency launched
adtm.az., the website of the ADTM Translation Agency, established under the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre, aiming to organize and regulate the field of language and translation industry, has been launched.