Deadline for Submission of Literary Works to the “BAY LEAF” Contest Prolonged
The deadline for submission of translated works has been prolonged until July 31, 2022, considering the numerous applications of those willing to participate in the “BAY LEAF” (“Dəf(i)nə yarpağı”) Literary Contest.
* Small excerpts of prose and poetry, translated from the original into Azerbaijani in 2020-2022, are accepted for the contest:
- prose – up to 20.000 signs.
- poetry– up to 100 hemistiches.
* The author shall submit only one book to the contest.
* There is no age limit for candidates.
For prose and poetry:
I place (award) – AZN 2,000 (two thousand)
II place (award) – AZN 1,000 (one thousand)
III place (award) – AZN 500 (five hundred)
Incentive Award – AZN 300 (three hundred)
* The translated work with attached original text must be sent by e-mail (email@example.com), or must be submitted in 5 hard copies;
* Participants not meeting the Contest Rules will be rejected.
* Copy of ID card;
* Contact details.
Address: 74 A. Topchubashov Street, Baku city
Phone: (012) 595 10 69
Cell: (055) 988 89 30 (whatsup)
AzSTC Announces 2023 Language Qualifying Exams
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the next stage of qualifying exams with a view to identifying translators that meet certain standards of the translation profession across the country on the following languages:
Video Footage “Shusha – the Centre of Crafts and Trade” on Foreign Media
Several popular world news portals and social networks, such as “nex24.news” (Germany), “medium.com” (Ireland), “Alharir.info” (Algeria), “agnaden.net”, “ashurnews.com”, “alnoor.se”, “afkarhura.com”
Samad Vurgun’s Verses on German Literature Portal
“Spruechetante”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the verses “I'm in No Rush” and “Don't Give Up!” by Samad Vurgun, a notable Azerbaijani poet, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”