Kazakh Literary Portal Shares Short Story by Zardusht Shafi
“adebiportal.kz”, a reputable Kazakhstan-based literature portal, has posted in Russian the short story “The Last Flower Shop” by Zardusht Shafi, a young talented writer who passed away prematurely, as part of the AzSTC project “The Latest Azerbaijan Literature in a Virtual World.”
The translator of the short story into Russian is Arzu Rajabova, the Russian language specialist at the AzSTC, and the art editor is Angela Lebedeva, a Russian literary critic.
It is worth noting that “adebiportal.kz”, which is regularly followed by a wide auditorium of readers, publishes works by internationally renowned writers and poets, such as Alexander Blok, Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, John Updike, Ethel Lilian Voynich, Virginia Woolf, Hermann Hesse, Knut Hamsun, to name a few.
- was born in 1986;
- short stories and essays have been published in periodicals since 2005;
- the winner of the Young Writer of the Year award in 2009;
- the collection of short stories “Other People” was released in 2011;
- died of leukaemia in 2012.
Notable Georgian Poet Given the Award of the State Translation Centre
This year, Makvala Gonashvili, the well-known Georgian poet, translator, Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia, has been given the Award established by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre on the occasion of the International Translator’s Day for her merits in the development of Azerbaijan-Georgian literary relations.
· is a poet and translator;
· was born in Georgia in 1958;
· graduated from the Department of Journalism at Georgia State University in 1981;
· is the author of such books as “From Here to You”, “To tell the Truth”, “The Dawn of the Sun Seeps Through the Dome”, “My Temple, My Place of Oath”, “Tears of the Sun” and “Bonfire of Poppies”;
· her works have been translated and published in many languages of the world;
Victoria Romero: Joint Projects of the Centre and Latin American Embassies Ought To Be Continued
On September 26, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of Mexico to Azerbaijan, Mrs. Victoria Romero, visited the State Translation Centre. During the meeting, the exchange of views took place on the translation and publication projects implemented by the Centre in relation to the promotion of Latin American literature in Azerbaijan and the expansion of the Azerbaijani-Mexican literary and cultural ties.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.