Russian Literary Portal Shares Poems by Alakbar Salahzade
“stihi.ru”, a popular Russian literary portal, has posted in Russian the poems “Song of the Sea”, “The Night without Me”, and “The Sea” by Alakbar Salahzade, a notable Azerbaijani poet, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portal also provides detailed information on the author.
The translator of the poems into Russian is Ilaha Feyziyeva, the Russian language specialist at the AzSTC, and the art editor is Angela Lebedeva, a Russian literary critic.
It is worth noting that “stihi.ru”, which is regularly followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publishes works by world-famous poets, such as Robert Burns, Federico García Lorca, Emily Dickinson, to name a few.
Alakbar Salahzade (1941-2013):
- a poet, translator and playwright;
- the author of the books “The Five Leaves”, “The Fire Sculpture”, “The Eyes Look at the world”, “Flower of Remembrance”, “Ode to Fire”, to name a few;
- his plays “Scared of Shadow”, “Winter Nights of Summer” and “The Drummer-Herder” have been staged in theatres;
- his works have been translated into various foreign languages;
- has translated the works of world-famous poets and writers, such as L. Stern, A. Tarkovsky, P. Svirka, A. Platonov, A. Sofronov, M. Selimovich into Azerbaijani language;
- was awarded the honorary title of Honored Art Worker in 2005;
Orkhan Fikretoglu’s creativity on Spanish Literary Portal
“Alquibla”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the short story “The Tale of the Last Valiant” by Orkhan Fikretoglu, a popular Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Is Out
The book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia”, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the founder of modern Azerbaijan, the world-famous political figure Heydar Aliyev, has been published in Tbilisi by the joint efforts of the Georgian intelligentsia and the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC).