AzSTC Releases Georgy Tovstonogov's First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book Mirror of Stage by Georgy Tovstonogov, a renowned Russian theatre director and professor. The book includes G. Tovstonogov’s articles in Azerbaijani translation.
The book includes author's articles such as ‘The Stanislavsky’s Period’, ‘Thoughts on Classicism’, ‘Realization of Ideas’, ‘In Search of New Ideas’, ‘About the Position of Citizenship in Art’ and others, which explain the hidden layers of the acting and filmmaking, and influence of filmmaking on people and society through deep analyses and researches.
The translator of the book is Bahlul Abbasov, and the editor is Nariman Abdulrahmanly.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
Georgy Aleksandrovich Tovstonogov
· was a theatre director, a professor;
· was the director of such famous theatrical performances as ‘Aesop’, ‘The Idiot’, ‘Woe from Wit’, ‘Three Sisters’ ‘The Philistines’, ‘King Henry IV’, The Government Inspector, ‘The Lower Depths’;
· was the director of the Leningrad Leninsky Komsomol Theatre (1949-1956), and the Bolshoi Academic Gorky Theatre (1956–1989)ж
· the Leningrad Bolshoi Drama Theatre, in which Tovstonogov worked for 33 years, was renamed after him in 1992;
· became a People's Artist of the USSR in 1956;
· for various performances won the Stalin Prize (1950, 1952), the Lenin Prize (1958) and many other State prizes (1968, 1978, 1986);
· it is the first-ever printed book in Azerbaijan.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
Spanish-Language Literature Hub Shares Azerbaijan Poetry
Marruecos.ma, a crowd-pleasing Spanish-language literary portal based in Morocco, has posted in Spanish translation the poems - Farewell by Adil Mirseyid and Face to Face with the Hangman by Hamid Herischi. The page also provides information on the authors.
Russia, Turkey Literary Portals Share Verses by Ramiz Rovshan
Libstation and Litprichal, crowd-pleasing literary portals in Russia, have posted in Russian the poems - I Have no Hope for Anyone and Is There Something Bigger than God? by the People’s Poet of Azerbaijan Ramiz Rovshan. Besides,
Ukraine Media Shares Nizami Ganjavi’s Epic Love