Shahmar’s Short Story on Foreign Literature Portals
“alharir.info”, the Algerian news portal, and “alnoor.se”, the Iraqi literary portal, have posted in Arabic the short story “The Loss” by Sahmar, a notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portals also provide detailed information on the author.
The translator of the short story into Arabic is Ahmad Sami Elaydi, a notable Egyptian translator.
It is worth noting that both portals, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publish works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Herman Hesse, Ernesto Sabato, Gabriel García Márquez, Federico Garcia Lorca, Thomas Love Peacock, to name a few.
– was a writer and publicist;
– graduated from the Acting Department of Azerbaijan State Institute of Arts;
– worked at A. Shaig State Puppet Theatre;
– several of his works have been performed on the stage of the theatre;
– started his creative activity in 1977 with the short story “A Small Mistake”;
– the short story collections – “The Matchmaking” and “The Loss” have been published;
– was awarded the M.F.Akhundov State Prize after his death.
AzSTC Announces 2023 Language Qualifying Exams
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the next stage of qualifying exams with a view to identifying translators that meet certain standards of the translation profession across the country on the following languages:
Video Footage “Shusha – the Centre of Crafts and Trade” on Foreign Media
Several popular world news portals and social networks, such as “nex24.news” (Germany), “medium.com” (Ireland), “Alharir.info” (Algeria), “agnaden.net”, “ashurnews.com”, “alnoor.se”, “afkarhura.com”
Samad Vurgun’s Verses on German Literature Portal
“Spruechetante”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the verses “I'm in No Rush” and “Don't Give Up!” by Samad Vurgun, a notable Azerbaijani poet, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”