Shahmar’s Short Story on Foreign Literature Portals
“alharir.info”, the Algerian news portal, and “alnoor.se”, the Iraqi literary portal, have posted in Arabic the short story “The Loss” by Sahmar, a notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portals also provide detailed information on the author.
The translator of the short story into Arabic is Ahmad Sami Elaydi, a notable Egyptian translator.
It is worth noting that both portals, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publish works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Herman Hesse, Ernesto Sabato, Gabriel García Márquez, Federico Garcia Lorca, Thomas Love Peacock, to name a few.
– was a writer and publicist;
– graduated from the Acting Department of Azerbaijan State Institute of Arts;
– worked at A. Shaig State Puppet Theatre;
– several of his works have been performed on the stage of the theatre;
– started his creative activity in 1977 with the short story “A Small Mistake”;
– the short story collections – “The Matchmaking” and “The Loss” have been published;
– was awarded the M.F.Akhundov State Prize after his death.
The Book “Heydar Aliyev” from the Series “The Life Of Remarkable People” in Spanish Libraries
The book “Vida de personas notables – Heydar Aliyev” (“The Life Of Remarkable People – Heydar Aliyev”) published by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre in Spain has been distributed among the following central libraries and universities of Madrid.
Rabiga Nazimgyzy’s verses on the pages of the Spanish literary portal
“Trabalibros”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the verses “Don’t worry about me” and “Send me one photo” by Rabiga Nazimgyzy, a modern, talented poetess, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan’s Latest Literature”.
Website of ADTM Translation Agency launched
adtm.az., the website of the ADTM Translation Agency, established under the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre, aiming to organize and regulate the field of language and translation industry, has been launched.